Dear Cristiano Morsolin,
The Embassy of the Plurinational State of Bolivia, in collaboration with BélgicaNNATs, ProNATs e.V. Terre des Hommes, Kindernothilfe and MEP Lola Sanchez, are delighted to invite you to the debate:
Can the Children Speak? – The Voice of Working Children and Adolescents from Latin America and the Bolivian case
Where: European Parliament, ASP 1G2
When: May, 27th, 2015 – 12:45 am to 3:00 pm
In line with the proposal made during the EoV that took place in the European Parliament – DEVE Commission – on January 22nd on child labour and the case of the new Child and Adolescent Bolivian Code, this event aims at deepening the discussion by involving and giving voice to the concerned subjects: the working children and adolescents. For this occasion, a working children and adolescent movements delegation from Latin America -and namely Bolivia- will be present to share and explain from their perspective the innovative power, the participative process, which lead to the adoption of the new Code together with challenges the Code poses. Main questions will be how the implementation measures for the protection and participation of working children and adolescents can be strengthened, particularly the functioning of the Ombudspersons (Defensorías) for the rights of childhood.
This event is organised by BélgicaNNATs, in collaboration with the Bolivia’s Mission to the EU.
We are looking forward to your participation and kindly ask you to register for this event before May 25th 2015 at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 representatives from a UNATSBO(Union of Working Children and Adolescents of Bolivia) and MOLACNATs (Latin American and Caribbean Movement of Working Children and Adolescents)
- Lola Sánchez Caldentey, MEP (GUE/NGL, Spain)
- Jordi Sebastiá, MEP (GREENS, Spain)
- Bodil Ceballos, MEP (GREENS, Sweden)
- Prof. Dr. Manfred Liebel, adviser of the Latin American Movement of Working Children and Adolescents (MOLACNATS)
- Amb. René Fernández, Bolivia’s Chief of Mission to the EU
With kindest regards
Embajada de Bolivia en Bélgica, Luxemburgo
y Misión ante la Unión Europea
Avenue Louise 176, boîte 6
1050 – Bruselas
PHOTO: Embajador René Fernandez with working children delegates